We offer translation services at different levels designed to meet different needs. Our clients can choose between two service levels depending on their quality requirements:
- quality-assured translation
- budget professional translation
Both translation service levels are conducted by an experienced professional translator. However, quality-assured translations are also subjected to a full review by a second professional translator.
- Afrikaans, Arabic
- Bemba, Bengali, Bulgarian
- Chichewa, Chinese (Cantonese; Mandarin; Traditional), Croatian, Czech
- Danish, Dutch
- English (UK; US), Estonian
- Farsi, Finnish, Flemish, French (African; Canadian; European)
- German, Greek, Gujarati
- Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian
- Icelandic, Indonesian, isiNdebele, isiXhosa, isiZulu, Italian
- Kirundi, Korean
- Lingala, Lithuanian, Luganda
- Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam
- Ndebele, Northern Sotho, Norwegian
- Polish, Portuguese (African; Brazilian; European), Punjabi
- Romanian, Russian
- Sepedi, Serbian, Serbo-Croatian, Sesotho, Setswana, Shona, siSwati, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Southern Sotho, Spanish (European; Mexican; South American), Swahili, Swati, Swedish
- Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tshivenda, Tsonga, Tswana, Turkish
- Ukrainian, Urdu
- Venda, Vietnamese
- Xhosa, Xitsonga
- Plain English editing
Plain language is concise, everyday language that tells the reader exactly what you mean. It is about making your message as clear and straightforward as possible, without altering the meaning or ‘dumbing it down’.
Developmental editing, also called content or substantive editing, involves an editor providing detailed feedback on “big-picture” issues. The editor will refine your ideas, shape your narrative, and help you fix any major plot or character inconsistencies.
Copy-editing includes checking: spelling, grammar, capitalisation, word usage and repetition, dialogue tags, usage of numbers or numerals, POV/tense (to fix any unintentional shifts), descriptive inconsistencies (character descriptions, locations, etc.).
Proofreading is the process whereby a linguist will do a final check of the translated document to make sure there are no more spelling, grammar or inconsistency errors. Once this has been done the document should be ready for publishing.
Language Inc. provides high-quality transcriptions of audio files in English. Source material can be transcribed from an MP3, AVI, mpeg, or wav file.